Service Provider: Bizco Business Consulting
Course Duration: 1 Day | Cost: R3300.00 per person
To reach this stage as an adult educator isn’t always easy, but success isn’t just for the naturally gifted. It is possible for all of us who put effort into our personal growth and development, because we want the enormous satisfaction that comes from working with others to help them reach their potential as human beings.
This three-day workshop presumes that participants have a good understanding of basic training principles, including adult learning concepts, Kolb’s learning cycle, training methods, and designing a learning sequence.
Objectives for this workshop include:
- Enhance your understanding of learning styles and how to accommodate all four learning styles in the classroom
- Understand the key principles of effective communication in a workshop setting
- Use a variety of training techniques to stimulate participation
- Develop a plan and prepare for an effective training session
- Understand the different levels of evaluation and when to use each
- Understand how and when to add fun and humor to your training session
- Identify advanced interventions for difficult situations
- Practice the skills needed for a team presentation
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Light finger meals are supplied for part time courses.
Trainers, facilitators, authors of training materials
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know facilitator and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
1. Preparing to Learn: To begin, participants will explore what they want out of this workshop.
2. Understanding Learning: Next, participants will talk about the role of the facilitator, and the top skills a trainer needs.
3. Competencies for Adult Educators: This session will give participants a profile of the gaps between where they are now and where they need to be in order to perform their role efficiently.
4. Accommodating Learning Preferences: Next, participants will review Kolb’s learning process and styles.
5. Adult Learning: This session will explore three aspects of adult learning: motivation, curriculum development, and classroom environment.
6. The Art of Facilitation: During this session, participants will talk about the art of facilitation and how an understanding of left brain and right brain learning can help them master this art.
7. Planning a Workshop: Next, participants will receive a brief introduction to planning and preparing a workshop.
8. Visual Aids: This session will cover some basic kinds of visual aids and encourage participants to determine if, how, and when they want to use each type.
9. Your Role as an Effective Communicator: During this session, participants will learn how to communicate effectively as a facilitator or trainer.
10. Questioning as a Training Technique: This session will explain how good questioning skills can make anyone a better trainer.
11. Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Evaluation: Next, participants will explore the four levels of evaluation, including samples for each type. Then, participants will develop their own evaluation for their training session at the end of the workshop.
12. On-the-Job Support: During this session, participants will explore why on-the-job support is so important after training has taken place, and what they can do to encourage it.
13. Dealing with Difficult Situations: This session will give participants some tools for dealing with training problems.
14. Adding Some Fun: Sometimes trainers can get so focused on bringing great content that we forget to work in time for reflection, laughter, or even bathroom breaks! This session will teach participants about the types of games they can add to their training session and how to be CREATIF.
15. Team Teaching: Next, participants will talk about co-facilitation.
16. Training Preparation and Presentations: The bulk of the third day will be spent preparing, presenting, and evaluating team training sessions.
17. Workshop Wrap-Up: At the end of the day, you will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.