Course Duration: 1 Day | Costs: R1100.00
During this workshop, you will:
•Enhance the ability to speak one-on-one with others.
•Begin to feel more confident speaking socially or small groups such as meetings.
•Practice developing these skills in a safe and supportive setting.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Light finger meals are supplied for part time courses.
Anybody who finds himself needing to speak in public
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know facilitator and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
1.Good Communication Skills
- To begin, participants will share communication opportunities that they feel they have missed in the past few weeks. Then, participants will explore barriers to communication and possible solutions.
- This session will look at two key interpersonal skills: asking questions and listening.
- During this session, participants will learn about self-disclosure using the Johari Windows concept.
4.The Art of Conversation
- Next, participants will learn about and practice the four levels of conversation.
- This session will wrap up everything participants have learned so far into one exercise.
6.Re-Designing Yourself for Strength
- During this session, participants will learn about the seven components of a good speaker.
- This session will focus on presenting a professional image.
- Next, participants will discuss fifteen ways to make the most of meetings.
- This session will give participants an opportunity to identify situations that they have difficulty with, and to brainstorm some solutions.
- During this session, participants will learn some ways to control physical and mental nervousness.
11.Tell Me a Story
- To wrap up the day, participants will make a small, impromptu presentation.
- At the end of the day, you will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.