Service Provider: Bizco Business Consulting
Course Duration: 1 Day | Cost R1100.00 per person
This workshop will teach you how to:
- Understand the importance of professional presence on the job.
- Learn how to self-manage to become more effective and efficient.
- Improve your communications skills, including listening, questioning, and being more assertive.
- Increase your effectiveness in recognizing and managing conflict, and dealing with difficult people.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Light finger meals are supplied for part time courses.
Administrative assistants, office admin clerks etc
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know facilitator and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
1. Personal Best, Professional Best: To begin, participants will discuss what affects a first impression and how they can improve the impression they give to others.
2. Putting Others at Ease: One part of making a good impression is to get so comfortable with who you are that you can forget about you and concentrate on the other person. During this session, participants will explore ways to do this.
3. Distorted Thinking: Participants will explore types of distorted thinking through a case study and large group discussion.
4. The Steps to Feeling Good: This session will give participants a three-step process to turn negative thinking or emotions around.
5. Assertiveness: Assertiveness is a word we tend to use without really understanding what it means. This session will get participants thinking about what assertiveness is, using a lecturette, quiz, and group discussion.
6. Improving Your Assertiveness: Next, participants will explore how they can become more assertive in difficult situations.
7. Communication Skills: Participants will discuss different forms of communication and barriers to each.
8. Asking and Listening: During this session, participants will learn about two key elements to verbal communication: asking questions and listening.
9. Non-Verbal Messages: Next, participants will explore various types of non-verbal communication and their possible interpretations.
10. Writing Skills: This session will look at how to improve written communications, including using the four C’s, editing, and proofreading.
11. Getting Ahead: Two main components of getting ahead in the workplace are identifying what you want and helping others to get what they want. This session will look at both of those concepts.
12. Self Management: This session will give participants some tools to help them improve themselves, including establishing rituals, time management, organization, and planning.
13. Setting Goals: Next, participants will set some goals using the SMART format.
14. Working as a Team: Administrative assistants are often a key part of a workplace team. This session will explore some of the benefits and challenges of working as a team.
15. Working with Difficult People: This session will give participants two tools to deal with difficult people: blending and redirecting.
16. Learning to Say No: Next, participants will learn about some formulas for saying no. They will then have an opportunity to practice these formulas in a role play and case study.
17. De-Stress Options You Can Use Right Now: To conclude the workshop, participants will learn some easy relaxation techniques.
18. Workshop Wrap-Up: At the end of the day, you will have an opportunity to ask questions and discuss key points learned.